Thriving Now© is an online work readiness and support programme designed by Prof Tony Attwood and Dr Michelle Garnett to support adults on the autism spectrum and their employers through an effective transition to or adjustment within, the current work environment. Course materials include: Pre-course questionnaires, Pre-course Readings, 8 Video-recordings of Tony Attwood & Michelle Garnett, 5 Workbooks for each 3 hour session, Workbook to collate key ideas and plans, Plan to Thrive Audio-recordings, Progressive Muscle Relaxation and Meditation.
Mentoring Package includes all the above plus: support from a mentor who is on the autism spectrum themselves. We have two mentors on the spectrum who have been trained to support other adults to complete this course. This is done via an initial online Skype session with an option to have more regular mentoring sessions if required. The mentors offer an effective and supportive approach. Further mentoring sessions to be discussed and booked directly with the mentor.
List of Video Recordings and Readings
1. What Does the Research and Clinical Experience Tell us about the Strengths and Challenges for People on the Autism Spectrum within the Work Environment?,
2. Relaxation tools,
3. Sensory Perception and ASD,
4. Social Tools for Thriving at Work,
5. Meditation Resources from the Beyond the Mind website,
6. Recognising and Challenging Your Own Thinking Style,
7. Aspects of Thinking and Learning Abilities in AS,
8. Strategies for Organisational Difficulties.
1. Stress & Sensory Management Tools
2. Social Tools
3. Thinking Tools
4. Organizational Tools